Sunday, February 14, 2010

Some more verses...

It's been a while since I last posted. I've been  writing a film script lately but I'm only on Scene 15 and only God knows when I'll be able to finish it, what with my difficulty writing the descriptive narratives in Tagalog. (So sue me, I'm Ilocano: I grew up speaking Iloco first, English second, and Tagalog third.) 

However, while I've been trying my hand on scripwriting, I was able to write a poem or two and I'm posting one now. Here it goes...

NUMB


Familiar

that’s  how things look

but I can’t recognize them

my memory is shrouded

by a black fog

that blurs my eyes

from discerning the figures

from the shadows.

 

The bottle is full

but it spins too fast and

I can’t bring myself

to choose what’s good

from what’s bad.

My heart is confused from

the compulsive beating

of the forces that

pillage outside.

 

The sun is out

it’s enticing me laugh

but I can’t force my lips

to form the slightest trace

of a smile.

They are numb

from the cold

from the alienation

from the isolation

from the silence

from not being kissed.

 

The heat is not enough to melt the icy heart.

The light is not enough to brighten the murky mind.

There’s some hope left, but there’s no more love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment